Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Think of Others Before Self

Devotion Time

Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer = SOAP

S: Proverbs 22:16 Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth, or gives to the rich, will only come to poverty.

O: Whenever I think of myself first - it shows I am selfish. When I put myself first before others - especially the poor, I dishonor the Lord. If seek to give more to the rich than the poor, then I, myself, am bankrupt. I am truly in poverty if I ignore the poor and give more to the rich.

A: I pray that I will seek J-O-Y (Jesus, Others, You) and in that order especially when it comes to giving. I want to be rich in His Grace and Mercy and give to others. May I pray and think of others first - really in all matters.

P: Father, thank You for Your Word. It convicts, corrects and changes us. Give me ears to hear and eyes to see who is in need and may I respond with Your love and grace. Your love is rich and overflowing and may I rejoice in it, know it and share it with others. In Jesus Name I pray, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment