Thursday, March 1, 2012

LISTEN to what He is saying...

Mary & Martha Print by David Lindley http://www.davidlindsley.com/products.asp?PID=4002&STOR=1

From my personal journal based on the SacredSpace.ie prayer method. 

Praise You, Lord, for this beautiful day!  Praise You for the coolness, praise You for the sunshine, praise You forevermore!

Dear Lord, 
help me to be open to You for this time as I put aside the cares of this world.  Fill my mind with Your peace, Your Love.

Lord, You created me to live in freedom, May Your Holy Spirit guide me to follow You freely. Instill in my heart a desire to know and love You more each day.

At this moment Lord I turn my thoughts to You. I will leave aside my chores and preoccupations.  I will take rest and refreshment in your presence Lord.

Luke 10:38-42
Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a certain village, where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to what he was saying. But Martha was distracted by her many tasks; so she came to him and asked, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me." But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her."
   *I think of myself in this scene and hear Jesus’ words addressed to myself. He calls me away from over-busyness and reminds me of what is central.
    *When there are many things to be done and time seems short, I pray that I might remember what Jesus says; that I might think like Mary even when I have to act like Martha.
    *I begin to talk to Jesus about the piece of scripture I have just read. What part of it strikes a chord in me? Perhaps the words of a friend - or some story I have heard recently - will slowly rise to the surface in my consciousness. If so, does the story throw light on what the scripture passage may be trying to say to me?
--LISTENED to what He was saying…this is the phrase that sticks out in my mind, Lord.  Am I listening to You? Surely not, when I want my own way, not when I am pushing my opinion on others…am I so busy that I cannot hear the still small voice of You, Lord.  Yes…I humbly confess, I cannot hear You at all sometimes over myself.  I am wishy-washy when it comes to consistency…oh, how dreadful to fail or is it?  I have seen failure as such a weakness.  Something I have no desire of.~I don’t want to be weak but yet, Your Word says in my weakness then I am strong (because of You).  Why, oh, why do I try to do so many things by myself!?  That is not what You want for me.  I am to speak the truth in love and know what is right and to fix my mind on lovely things.  Whatever is admirable!  I totally identify with Martha.  Martha is my mode – but I want to be a Mary model – more than a Martha!  God, help me to LISTEN to what You are saying…

I thank God for these few moments we have spent alone together and for the insights I have been given...

Thank You, Lord, for Your Word.  It convicts and comforts.  It disciplines and it encourages.  It is life over death!  Help me to be like Mary and LISTEN to YOUR WORD and what YOU SAY, Lord!

I love you, Lord, Jesus and Holy Spirit!
Love forever,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment